We exist primarily for people who see themselves as athletes. People who are not satisfied with simply joining, finishing, then going home. People who see it as a way of life to train, compete and always aim for the best results possible. These are the people who will benefit most from using Maurten products. They push themselves to achieve their best and we push ourselves to give them our best.
Back in 2015, we found a way to make sports fuels easier to tolerate: by encapsulating carbohydrates in hydrogels. This method was so successful, that today, most of the world's best marathoners, cyclist and triathletes are fueling their training sessions and competitions with our technology.
As Maurten grows rapidly, we need to grow our team with colleagues that share our passion for sports. The company looks for people who can grow, think, create and dream. Join us in upholding a culture of integrity, teamwork, and community.
Business Intelligence Developer
As Business Intelligence Developer at Maurten, you will be responsible for developing and managing scalable solutions for the data lifecycle, fit for purpose BI systems, and ensuring compliance with personal data protection legislations in all markets within our organization. You will play a vital role in ensuring the availability, accuracy, integrity, and lawful processing of data for effective decision-making and business insights, working in close collaboration with cross-functional teams and partners.
Data Lifecycle Management
- Define and formulate proposals for new strategies, standard and policies related to data management.
- Implement strategies for data acquisition, storage, integration, and archival throughout its lifecycle.
- Enforce data quality standards, data governance policies, and best practices to ensure data accuracy, consistency, and compliance.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand data requirements and define data retention, archival, and purging strategies that align with personal data protection legislations.
ETL Process Management
- Design, develop, and maintain robust ETL processes to extract, transform, and load data from diverse sources into the target data warehouse or systems, while ensuring compliance.
- Identify, extract, and cleanse relevant data from internal and external sources.
- Perform data transformations, aggregations, and validations to ensure data integrity and quality.
- Monitor and optimize ETL processes for performance, scalability, and efficiency.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to data extraction, transformation, and loading.
- Stay updated on personal data protection regulations and guidelines in all markets to ensure awareness of the latest requirements and best practices.
- Contribute to the establishment and enforcement of compliance measures, including data protection policies, procedures, and controls.
- Assist in managing data subject rights requests, including access, rectification, erasure, and data portability, in accordance with guidelines.
- Participate in incident response and data breach management efforts, including timely reporting and coordination of necessary actions as per compliance requirements.
Business Intelligence and Reporting
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to understand their analytical and reporting needs.
- Design and develop business intelligence solutions, dashboards, and reports that provide actionable insights and support data-driven decision-making.
- Apply anonymization, or other privacy-enhancing techniques to ensure that personal data is processed in a privacy-compliant manner.
- Establish and maintain change request management processes for business intelligence solutions, ensuring that changes are properly documented, tested, and implemented.
- Drive knowledge sharing and collaboration within the organization by establishing platforms, forums, or communities of practice for BI-related topics.
Data Analysis and Visualization
- Analyze and interpret complex datasets to extract meaningful insights and trends.
- Apply statistical methods and data mining techniques to identify patterns and relationships in the data.
- Present findings and recommendations in a clear and concise manner using data visualization tools and techniques.
Who are you?
We believe that you are a business minded person with a strong sense of responsibility and drive. You possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze complex datasets and derive actionable insights, to troubleshoot data-related issues, optimize performance, and implement effective solutions. You are an excellent communicator and can easily convey information across the organization, in an international, cross-functional environment. You pay close attention to detail and have the ability to stay focused on key priorities, while also adapting to everchanging circumstances. You enjoy working in and contributing to a solid feedback culture, while also adhering to guidelines and reporting routes.
Above this, we expect:
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in computer science, information systems or a related field.
- Highly proficient in English (spoken and written).
- Proven experience in managing the data lifecycle and implementing ETL processes.
- Strong understanding of data management concepts, data integration, and data quality principles.
- Proficiency in cloud services for data extraction, transformation, and analysis.
- Expertise in working with popular BI tools such as Power BI and in data visualization, report development and dashboard design.
- Knowledge of data governance frameworks, data quality assessment, and data profiling techniques. Ability to establish and enforce data governance policies and standards.
Is this you?
If you are interested in joining the Maurten team, please submit your application - in English. We apply a continuous selection process, and the job post will be open until the position is filled. This position is based at our HQ in Gothenburg, Sweden, and a valid work permit is required.